Oberon is an independent organisation for educational research and consultancy based in Utrecht. Our aim is to improve learning and education by connecting educational science, policymaking and practice. We build connections between different stakeholders, between policy making and the daily practice in schools, between research and consultancy, and between the present and the future. We make sure our reports and advice are based on well-grounded and meaningful research whilst maintaining a focus on making a difference in the day-to-day practice in schools.
With over 20 years’ experience Oberon supports clients with tailored research solutions for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of educational policy. We work at local, regional and national levels. Our clients include municipal councils, the Ministry for Education, Culture and Science, schoolboards, the Netherlands Initiative for Education Research and several national and international associations. Our work ranges from early childhood education and care through to higher education.
Our research addresses several key topics, such as:
- Equality in education
- Effective interventions in early childhood education
- Aligning education support and youth services
- Local educational policy making
- Continuous professional development and human resource management in schools
- Quality of teaching and learning
- Assessments and innovation
- Student success and early school leaving